Friday, November 28, 2014

Creature of Habit

Today I'm reminded that I am a creature of habit. 

Almost everytime I'm in the North Dallas area, I like to stop at this little coffee shop just off 75. It's called Frogg Coffee and Creeperia. It's good. Not the best I've had but solid. It has above average coffee, good creepes (which you don't see everywhere) and a great atmosphere. 

The food, coffee, location, or atmosphere doesn't make it special. It's the fact that it's a familiar place in a not so familiar location. I truly enjoy it. When I'm in North Dallas it's my "Central Perk", my "Restaurant", my "the max" if you know what I mean. 

The same can be said when I'm at home in OKC. Although there are hundreds of places to eat in the 405 metro area, I regularly can be found dining at about 10 places. (Saturn grill, pei Wei, QDoba, chickfila, Saii, tai pei, cafe oasis, wills coffee house, starbucks, & BJs) 

Again, there are other places to go and probably even better places but those places do not have the same familiar feeling. 

I love trying new things. In fact, I found all of these places while trying new things. But at some point (consciously or subconsciously) you begin to desire familiarity. 


Although I believe in keeping things fresh and trying new things, I also believe in  fighting the "grass is always greener" mentality. When a tradition is good and working then stay loyal and keep it up. When all around is changing and there is stress at work or in life, It's these familiar places that allow me to keep my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I appreciate your comments, feedback, and support. If you like what you read, please share it with someone else! I hope to hear back from you soon!