Friday, January 9, 2015

Pray For PCO!

Thank you to all of you who are joining together to Pray for our school, students, and staff!  I've received responses from some of you that I think could be helpful to others so allow me to pass along the information.

One teacher is making an effort to listen to Praise & Worship music on the way to work to start the day with a servant's attitude.

One teacher is using their popsicle sticks with students names on them and randomly drawing them out to pray for students by name.

One teacher has shared the text messages with their church so that more people are praying!
(Anyone can sign up to receive reminder messages by texting @pray4pco to the number 81010.) 

One teacher is praying for a different theme each day:

Monday - Praying for students.
Tuesday - Praying for local churches, businesses, volunteers, parents, etc... in the PCO community.
Wednesday - Praying for staff and their strength, patience, wisdom, and compassion.
Thursday - Praying for school, district, state, and national leadership in Education.
Friday - Praying for Families of students and staff.

If you're like me, sometimes you don't know exactly where to start or what to pray about.  There are so many things sometimes I don't even know where to start.  Over time I've learned to pray about what to pray about.  I ask God to reveal people and situations to me and I go from there.  Sometimes this awareness provokes action and other times I just commit to pray until the situation is resolved.

It's kind of like eating a Reeces, there is not a wrong way to pray. (I can't back that up with scripture. :) )

As you continue on this journey, know that there are dozens of people praying with you and for you on a daily basis!

God is doings great things at our school and in our community and He is doing it through you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I appreciate your comments, feedback, and support. If you like what you read, please share it with someone else! I hope to hear back from you soon!