Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Joy of Giving

Merry Christmas!

This was my 2nd Christmas as a Dad but the first with a child that kind of understands the concept of gifts.  And by understands I mean he likes to play with things.  If you know Beau, you know that there are 3 things he likes right now: Basketball, Mickey, and tents.  I say tents because that is what we got him, but he just likes to crawl into, under, around, and on top of things.

He already had Mickey Mouse that was given to him a while ago but he just discovered it a week or so ago so we got him a basketball goal that sticks to the refrigerator and a play tent.  I didn't know how he would react since he is only 17 months old but I would say that it went over well.  Check out the one minute video below and see what you think. :)


He had a similar reaction to his mini basketball goal but my phone ran out of memory.  Rookie mistake I know.

I've always enjoyed Christmas, giving and receiving gifts.  However, as a Father there is something different, something special about watching your child open gifts.  Seeing Beau excited about the gifts I strategically picked out for him filled me with Joy, probably even more than him, even though he had a better reaction.  I've always heard that it is better to give than receive and I have felt that before but this time it was much more real.  (It was also cool because gift giving is not exactly my love language.  I'm actually not very good at it.  If you want to find out what your love language is click here.)

Those 2 gifts combined cost $20 but his reaction was priceless.  We are certainly taking advantage of the cheap gifts now because we know the teenage years of Beats Headphones, iPhones, laptops, or whatever else they will have invented by then are coming.

When have you experienced the Joy of Giving?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I appreciate your comments, feedback, and support. If you like what you read, please share it with someone else! I hope to hear back from you soon!