Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Celebrate Freedom!

Happy Fourth of July!  

If you know me you know that I am very proud to be an American.  Partly because my family is patriotic and partly because I was a history education major in college so I have studied quite a bit about this great country.

Independence Day is a celebration of freedom.  This country was founded in an attempt to find freedom  in many areas of life.  As we celebrate our country's freedom, I also think it's important to celebrate our own personal freedoms.  


This Fourth of July, many people are celebrating freedom from many types of addictions.  Freedom from guilt, pain, bitterness, and unhealthy relationships.  


Or maybe today would be a good day to sign your own declaration of independence from something.  Name it, write it down on a piece of paper, and proudly sign your name like John Hancock did over 200 years ago.


What are you celebrating freedom from today?


What do you need to declare independence from?


It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.  Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. - Galatians 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I appreciate your comments, feedback, and support. If you like what you read, please share it with someone else! I hope to hear back from you soon!