Sunday, January 15, 2012

Insanity

As you may know I have accepted the INSANITY challenge.  Insanity is an extreme workout program that is 60 days of MAX Interval Training.  The workouts are 30-45 minutes consisting of 3 minutes of non-stop cardio with a 30 second break, 6 days a week.  After just one exercise the best way to describe each workout is certainly insane.  Fitness guru Shaun T. is always encouraging you to take a quick break, dig deeper, and get back in it.

I have completed the first week and I am already seeing and feeling results.  My clothes fit better.  I have more energy.  I feel a greater sense of accomplishment.  The guy in the mirror looks a little different.  It's definitely a good experience.  Six days a week is a lot but you simply can't get the same results by only working out 1 or 2 days a week.


I was thinking today at Church, what would it be like if worked out my spiritual body the same way?  What if I spiritually exercised for 30-45 minutes each day by reading, studying, praying, journaling, serving, loving, and worshiping, 6 days a week.  For a lot of us, this type of spiritually activity certainly sounds insane. 

Although I haven't started an official program, I have been reading, praying, worshiping, studying, journaling, and serving more than I ever have before.  It has been more like 15-20 minutes a day and I am definitely seeing results.  I have more joy.  I have more patience and peace.  I'm more thankful and gracious.  I'm leading my family better.  There has been unexplainable guidance in my life.  I feel a greater sense of accomplishment.  The guy in the mirror looks a little different.  It's definitely been a good experience.   Six days a week is a lot but you simply can't get the same results by only spiritually working out 1 or 2 days a week.

I invite you to accept the INSANITY CHRISTIANITY challenge.  I know the name sounds lame but it rhymes and I just made it up.  60 days of reading and studying God's word, praying, listening, journaling, serving, loving, and worshiping, 6 days a week.  Results guaranteed or your money back.  :)




So c'mon y'all!!  Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! (INSANITY inside joke)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I appreciate your comments, feedback, and support. If you like what you read, please share it with someone else! I hope to hear back from you soon!